- Assistant Professor of Medicine
As director of the nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) pulmonary clinic, my primary research interests lie in the study of human NTM pulmonary infections. Currently, I am working with the laboratories of Dr. Steve Brody and Dr. Shabaana Khader (http://khaderlab.wustl.edu/) to better understand the pathophysiology of mycobacterial infections of the human airway and identify potential targets for intervention. Additionally, our NTM clinic is collaborating with the Khader lab to develop novel blood assays to diagnosis and monitor NTM infections.
I previously worked for the US Public Health Service on the Navajo Indian Reservation in Shiprock, New Mexico. We have established a longitudinal pulmonary-critical care outreach program at Washington University with the Indian Health Service (IHS) in Shiprock. We are currently studying the impact of this outreach program on patients and primary care providers in Shiprock. As part of the Global Health faculty at Washington University, I am developing an elective rotation with the Indian Health Service for internal medicine residents and pulmonary-critical care fellows.
Education and Training
- 2003 – Bachelor of Science In Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University
- 2008 – Doctor of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh
- 2008 – 2011 Internal Medicine Residency, University of Michigan Hospitals
- 2015 – 2016 Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Washington University School of Medicine
- 2016 – 2019 Post Doctoral Research Scholar, Washington University School of Medicine
- 2019 – Assistant Professor of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine
Honors and Awards
- 2003 Departmental and University Honors, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society and Sigma Xi Honor Society
- 2005 – 2008 National Health Service Corps Full Tuition Scholarship
- 2011 Best Poster Presentation Award, Internal Medicine Research Symposium, University of Michigan
- 2015 – 2016 Teaching Fellow of the Year, Washington University School of Medicine
- 2017 – 2018 Administrative Chief Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellow, Washington University School of Medicine